• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bullbuster (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, I do not know how to feel about this series anymore. The mech action is still fun and the central mystery still interesting, but almost all of the characters are unlikeable to a certain degree. The constand office drama is also starting to become very annoying, which I suppose is the point. I did have a laugh about the snobby doctor running for his life and new employee Namari being fine with letting people die if he is on his break time.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:30 am Reply with quote
Well it's pretty obvious by now that the chemical company is responsible and was hiding it, but now that the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, they're just going to take over so they can control everything.

I can sympathize with some of the bald guy's attitude, but he was way over the top with his destructofest. Toss the beast over the fence, then complain that the fence is in your way? smh
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:37 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it will go that easy for them though. As the monster in the lab showed, taking the threat not serious enough will end up very badly. In general the monster threat has been handled absolutely horrible. We have confirmation that the monsters are learning how to swim and yet everyone is fine with just eliminating the monsters their cameras spot. For all they know a group of beasties has already left the island.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Man, this show sure was a wild ride. Initially I was curious about the promised combination of mechs, giants beasts and company politics. What we got was a very uneven adventure. The first few episodes were very interesting with setting up a unique plot. We then had a middling middle with some characters being quite annoying and a few episodes that felt kind of meandering/aimless. The series concluded with 3 very strong episodes with plenty of character development, solid battles and a strong message and ending.

The show has plenty of flaws and weak points, yet I am glaf to have seen all of it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:39 pm Reply with quote
At least they got a cure for baldness out of it. Of course when that hits, and they have to contend with hostile takeovers from pharmaceutical giant beasts, they'll be wishing they were only facing Shiota.

Yeah, it got better toward the end, and Tajima getting pissed at the Shiota suit dissing his team was glorious, but oddly, the title character didn't really get all that much to do in the series overall. And Mr. Evil Corporate America walks scot-free. I guess that's the most realistic thing that happened in this show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2