• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Rare Episode Review Returns [Food Wars].

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:18 am Reply with quote
Well,here's one of my rare episode reviews,and this one's on the series finale of "Food Wars!" It's interesting to see how everything gets wrapped up. While there's a lot to like about it,there's one thing that kinda stretched the show's credibility with me. Basically,it's many of the other characters returning after they beat the rest of Noir. What happened was they beat them with cooking.
While I know that the anime's about cooking,but them just knocking out Noir thugs with their cooking skills was something I could hardly believe. This was on the level of an eighties action movie. Heck,compared to this,that scene made stuff like "The A-Team" seem realistic. The Noir thugs could've had knives,guns,or clubs. There's a strong possibility that many of them might not have come back at all. And yet,they went in there with cooking skills and just defeated them with food? That was just silly to me.

It wouldn't have mattered to me if they found a way to resurrect someone like John Thaw to play one of the Noir henchmen. That was one of the silliest things I've ever seen,whether it was in an anime or not,I just really couldn't buy it. That dumb scene aside,the rest of it was pretty good. Personally,I'd have loved to see them explore Erina's growing feelings for Soma and how it might affect some of the other female characters. There are a few of them who do have similar feelings for him and it might have been interesting to see them do a food war over who's going to date him.
All in all,"Food Wars!" final episode was a decent one. It was silly in some areas but also did well in others. I don't know if they'll continue this or not but I hope they do. It'll be interesting to see the further adventures of Soma and the gang. That might be an interesting thing to see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1