• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dr. Stone (TV + special).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:47 am Reply with quote
Well, the war ended this week and it sure was a hectic one. Lots of action, back-up plans and quick thinking. I have to compliment the villains of this arc. Mozu was an absolutely monster and there was nobody who could deal with him on even ground. On the other hand there was Ibara, a real nasty piece of work with plenty of schemes (he also needs to do something about those fingernails).
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:11 am Reply with quote
Well, episode 9 sure was something. There was the depetrifying of the crew and celebrating their victory with some emotional moments. Even bigger is the new information about why man who seems to be based on the moon and is quite tech savy. That combined with the information of the petrification devices having fallen out of the sky in the past and it is hard to make sense of things right now. Given the time period of all the events it could be something like an ai having caused everything I suppose?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm not saying it was aliens (it was aliens). Laughing

Seriously, I don't think a series so devoted to science would go there (and I'll be majorly distressed if they do), and for the same reason I think time travel is out, so I'm kinda also at a loss as to the explanation. Then again, the device itself seems pretty anti-scientific, so who knows...

Damn, though, that voice was creepy, in the way numbers radio is creepy. Very Happy
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, nah aliens and time travel I do not see as being things in this series. The only real possibility I see is some kind of ai controlling a special moon base and it having gone awry somehow. Human villains on the moon also make little sense given the time period between the worldwide petrification and now, unless they go into stasis or something, yet that is also pretty out there.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:58 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean there are dozens of devices buried all over the island?? That seems...dangerous.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:40 am Reply with quote
Maybe most of them broke after falling from space? It would be a problem if dozens of them fell into the hands of bad guys.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:23 am Reply with quote
Well, that question was quickly answered, all the other petrification devices were broken, the one the gang has now is the only one left.

I love how this week wrapped a tidy bow on the whole arc. Treasure island has a new leader and thus a better future ahead and the science kingdom heads home in victory. Next up is awakening a certain (former?) villain and then it is time explore the rest of the world collecting resources and people. I hope that we will have a new season for that.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:26 am Reply with quote
Me too! Such a fun show. Getting to the moon sure won't be a walk in the park.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:48 am Reply with quote
It indeed won't be easy, but as the final episodes showed, the science kingdom is stronger than ever and everyone is united, including former enemies. The kingdom has lots of talent and everyone will contribute to make it happen in their own way.

The second cour of the third season of Dr stone was an exciting one. I tend to love the crafting and building up civilization in particular and even I was glued to my seat to see how and if the science kingdom would win in a war of tactics/cunning.

I do wonder about the announced 4th and final season though. There is around 90 chapters left to adapt, so that has to mean a pretty meaty season to include it all.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:43 am Reply with quote
What happened to Hyoga? I haven't spotted him since he defeated Moz. I really expected a scene between him and Tsukasa or at least see him among the onlookers or on the ship.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:45 am Reply with quote
Probably still/again a statue inside the boat. He remains a wildcard that is pretty unpredictable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4